I was asked yesterday where my blog topics come from (No, it wasn’t my psychiatrist).
My answer was that I really have no idea. I just get up in the morning, have a smoke and a coffee then rest my hands on the keyboard and out it comes. (The piece!) 😉
So, here is an example of how my mind works …
The rain here (London, UK) has been torrential the past two days and the snails in our garden are out in force. I made a video yesterday and got a trans-atlantic snail race going with bets flying electronically across the ocean. This morning I saw the O2 (mobile phone company) ad for ‘Be more dog’.
So there you go – ‘Be more snail …’
Ok. But why should I be more snail?
Excellent question! I always research my pieces and found the following reasons …
- Snails are cool – Google ‘Brian’ and ‘Magic Roundabout’ for more info.
- Most ground snails are peaceful veggies (well, not exactly all), but the marine species can be top predators of the sea. They are armed with a harpoon like weapon (named toxoglossan radula, snails modified “tongue”) injecting a deadly venom into their victims.
- Garden snails have up to 14,175 teeth! They are all located on their tongue (radula).
- Snail slime is used in some beauty products!
- They’re a valuable food source for birds AND humans!
- You can customise them (see featured image)
So there you go. 6 reasons why you should be more snail. There are many, many more but I’m making myself a bit nauseous now …
Here’s one of our snails. He’s called McCloud …